CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

AW's Beer Reviews

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:41 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Pyramidsnowcap2009
Pyramid Snow Cap Ale (2009)
Pyramid Breweries, Inc. | Seattle, Washington USA
Purchased @ Beer & Wine World - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Winter Warmer

ABV - 7%

My personal notes: A very nice competitor in the winter warmer category! This brew poured up a dark chocolaty brown body with a thin off-white colored bubbly head that quickly dissipated and left marginal lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of dark fruits (figs, raisins, plums), chocolate, espresso, caramel, roasted malts. Flavors of the same with just the right amount of hops to balance out with all that sweetness. Medium-bodied with low carbonation; easy to drink so watch how many you put down! Pair this sweet ale up with a hearty wild game dinner; spicy pheasant fajitas, stuffed pheasant, or roasted duck.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Celiswhite
Celis White
Michigan Brewing Company | Webberville, Michigan USA
Purchased @ Lone Star Beverages - Carrollton, Texas USA

Style: Witbier

ABV - 5%

My personal notes: Now this is one good witbier! This brew poured up a hazy, pale yellow body with a thick frothy bright white head with good retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of lemons, orange, grains, and some yeast in the background. Flavors of citrusy fruits, spices (cloves and cinnamon), wheat grains, mixed nuts. Light-bodied, smooth and creamy, refreshing finish. Excellent when paired up with spicy fish/shellfish dinners.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:30 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Greenflashdoublestout
Green Flash Double Stout
Green Flash Brewing Co. | Vista, California USA

Style: Imperial/Double Stout

ABV - 8.8%

My personal notes: Definitely one of the best tasting stouts around! This brew poured up a near-black body with a one-finger bubbly head with amazing retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of rum, vanilla, chocolate, espresso, dark fruits (plums, figs), roasted malts. Flavors of the same but are so well-balanced. Medium- to Full-bodied, rich and thick, smooth and creamy. Refreshingly clean finish with no harsh aftertastes whatsoever. Personally I would enjoy this brew all by itself; but if paired up for a meal it would be smoked ribs, venison, or wild boar.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:33 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Breckenridgeavalanche
Breckenridge Avalanche Amber
Breckenridge Brewery | Denver, Colorado USA

Style: American Amber/Red Ale

ABV - 5.41%

My personal notes: Definitely going to be a staple brew in my fridge! This brew poured up a dark copper-colored body with a two-finger thick foamy head that dissipated somewhat quickly and left nice lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of oranges, dark sugars, caramel. Flavors of the same but they are very, very intense and well-balanced. Light- to medium-bodied, lightly carbonated, smooth and easy to drink with a crisp, clean finish with just a slight bite. Excellent when paired up with a spicy, creamy fish/shellfish meal or creamy beef and noodle dinner.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Anchorsteam
Anchor Steam Beer
Anchor Brewing Company | San Francisco, California USA

Style: California Common / Steam Beer

ABV - 4.9%

My personal notes: Now this is one jim-dandy of a brew! This brew poured up a hazy copper-colored body with a wonderfully thick, off-white colored head with good retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of malts, caramel, citrus fruits (lemons, and maybe some orange). Flavors of the same in a malty concoction that beckons you to take the next sip just as soon as you finish one. Medium-bodied, full-flavored with a dry finish and citrusy aftertaste. Grill up a nice spicy rack of pork to pair up with this amazing brew; or grill some fish or shrimp!

Interesting note: Early steam beers were brewed with lager yeasts, but fermented at warmer temperatures due to the lack of means to cool the tanks in California’s warm climate (back in the late 1800s). Cooling was brought about by the use of wide, shallow fermenting vessels. The resulting beer was very lively and, when the casks were tapped, they were said to “steam” with carbon dioxide. Source: Beers of the World; Kanning, David
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:39 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Pyramidcurveball
Pyramid Curve Ball Blonde Ale
Pyramid Breweries, Inc. | Seattle, Washington USA
Purchased @ Kegs & Corks - Mansfield, Texas USA

Style: Kolsch

ABV - 5%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a hazy golden-amber colored body with a nice frothy head that dissipated quickly down to a small sheen on top with minimal lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of honey, lemon, and bread fresh out of the oven. Flavors of the same in this light-bodied brew with a hearty amount of carbonation. This is a great brew for those dog days of summer! Easy to drink and very flavorful; pair it up with your favorite meats at the BBQ or fish at the fish fry.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:41 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Sierranevadatorpedo
Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. | Chico, California USA

Style: American IPA

ABV - 7.2%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a rich dark copper-colored body with a thick off-white foamy head with good retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of floral hops, grapefruit, and spicy peppers. Flavors of the same packed with a bitter punch right in the kisser! Medium-bodied, very dry, hoppy, spicy, hoppy with a bone-dry, bitter finish. Oh, did I mention it was ‘hoppy’?! Smoked salmon, grilled flounder, stuffed shrimp, beer-butt chicken all come to mind as great pairings for this mouth-puckering brew!!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Flyingdoginheat
Flying Dog In-Heat Wheat
Flying Dog Brewery | Frederick, Maryland USA

Style: Hefeweizen

ABV - 6.7%

IBU - 12

My personal notes: Well, another ‘hefe’ added to the AW BHoF!! This brew poured up a cloudy, golden-orange colored body gold beer with a thick foamy head. Careful on the pour as there are yeast floating about so pour in roughly 3/4 of the bottle then give the bottle a few swirls to break up that yeast and then pour the remainder of the bottle into your glass. Aromas of yeast, bananas, cloves and grains. Flavors of lemons, sweet malts, cloves, bananas, and caramel. Light-bodied with good carbonation with a crisp, smooth, clean finish and a long-lingering aftertaste of banana nut bread. Definitely one of the best from the Flying Dog brew line-up! Pairings include: spicy, spicy fish tacos or spicy grilled oysters!
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:17 pm

Looks Good AW

But What happened to just drinkin Lone Star Beer longnecks ? hehe
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:34 pm

funny you should ask! keep a wary eye out for an upcoming LONE STAR beer review! nothing wrong with them if you want a quaffer but these reviews are being put up in hopes that folks will venture out and try some new brews!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:26 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Anchorporter
Anchor Porter
Anchor Brewing Company | San Francisco, California USA

Style: American Porter

ABV - 5.6%

My personal notes: One of my favorite go-to porters! This brew poured up near black with a mocha-colored, very foamy head with amazing retention and lacing effects. Aromas of caramel, coffee, toffee, dark fruits (figs, raisins), and a touch of molasses. Flavors of the same in a medium-bodied brew. Extra creamy and smooth with just a touch of a hoppy bite to make for a clean, refreshing finish. You can’t go wrong with this porter! Fire up the grill or smoker and toss on your favorite meat cuts! For the outdoorsy type pair up this brew with some venison or wild boar!!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 3:32 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Deschutesblackbutteporter
Deschutes Black Butte Porter
Deschutes Brewery | Bend, Oregon USA

Style: American Porter

ABV - 5.2%

My personal notes: How can one go wrong when it comes to choosing an awesome porter? By not choosing this one!! This brew poured up a rich, dark brown colored body with a frothy one-finger head with good retention and excellent lacing effects on the glass. Sweet aromas filled with coffee, roasted malts, warm breads, and a hint of hops. Medium-bodied, silky smooth, and a rich malt-filled flavorful brew. There’s just enough hops to balance out with the malts for a nice, crisp finish full of flavors of brown sugar and grains. If you are going to be stocking up on porters, this needs to be part of your stash! Pair this brew up with your favorite grilled or smoked meats; for wild game this would be excellent with wild boar, venison, dove, ducks and squirrel.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 10:47 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Guinnessdraught
Guinnes Draught
Guinness Ltd. | Dublin, Ireland

Style: Irish Dry Stout

ABV - 4.1%

IBU - 40

My personal notes: I had high expectations for the Draught. I mean, being from Guinness I was ready for one stellar Irish-style Dry Stout. Unfortunately this one did not meet those expectations. Maybe the recipe was changed or something? Whatever the case may be I think I am going to stick with other brews in the Guinness lineup until this one gets some backbone put back into it. This brew poured up a near pitch black colored body with a creamy one-finger head with excellent retention and lacing effects (at least the visuals were enticing!). Aromas of hot caramel, sweet malts, coffee and chocolate; all somewhat on the smokey end of the spectrum. Medium-bodied (but rather watered-down tasting) with flavors of roasted malts, coffee with a very dry, slightly hoppy bite on the finish. I say that it is medium-bodied but in all honesty this one was just way to watery for my tastes and expectations. It is not a bad brew, but it is definitely not the best in this beer style. Best paired up with smoke meats (rich in fat) and grilled veggies.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 5:52 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Lonestar
Lone Star Beer
Lone Star Brewing Company | San Antonio, Texas USA

Style: American Adjunct Lager

ABV - 4.72%

My personal notes: When it comes to macro-brews, this here’s my go-to! A Texas boy’s gotta love a Texas macro-brew!! Salute, y’all! Now being an adjunct (mass produced) brew, I don’t hold it up to those standards as I do for the much better craft brews! Nevertheless, this is one brew that I’ve always liked for some reason or another. This brew poured up a clear, straw-colored body with a one-finger bubbly head that quickly dissipated to a thin sheen and minimal lacing effects on the glass. Scents and flavors of basically any adjunct lager; grains, some malts, some hops. Light-bodied and smooth; some sweet malty flavors followed up with a clean, refreshing finish of a little hoppy bitterness. I’d definitely go for this one before any of the other mass-produced, mass-advertised brews (Miller, Coors, Busch, Keystone, etc.). A good beer for the BBQ or fish fry or some greasy, beefy nachos during the big game!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:50 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Redhookesb
Redhook ESB
Redhook Ale Brewery | Woodinville, Washington USA

Style: Extra Special/Strong Bitter

ABV - 5.8%

IBU - 28

My personal notes: This brew poured up a clear, amber colored body with a hearty head that was very creamy that soon dissipated to a thin sheen on top and left minimal lacing on the glass. This one smelt very lively dominant with hops which lent it a citrusy smell and hints of light caramel. Medium-bodied and very easy on the drinkability scale. Sweet malts are tasted first followed by a good hoppy bite (much like grapefruit). As the brew warmed the scents and flavors intensified more pleasingly. The finish is crisp and dry and powerful. Grilled pork or perhaps some grilled or roasted venison would make a great pairing with this brew.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:50 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Roguedeadguyale
Rogue Dead Guy Ale
Rogue Ales | Newport, Oregon USA

Style: Maibock / Helles Bock

ABV - 6.5%

My personal notes: Truly a brew for quality quaffing! This brew poured up an amber colored body with a bubbly thin head that dissipated rather quickly and left good lacing effects on the glass. Sweet aromas of malt, hops, and island fruits (almost like jack-fruit which is used to make Juicy Fruit gum). Medium-bodied, smooth, easy on the drinkability scale. Very malty so it has a good ‘thickness’ to it. The finish is so creamy and clean with no harsh aftertastes of any sort. Definitely a brew to pair up with grilled or smoked fish!

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the 'bier vorgeschmack' and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:21 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Sanmiguel
San Miguel Pale Pilsen
San Miguel Corporation | Manila, Philippines

Style: Adjunct Pilsener

ABV - 5%

My personal notes: Another great go-to of mine in the adjunct (mass produced) beers! A twist of lemon or lime and let’s fire up the grill or fryer! This brew poured up clear golden-colored body sporting a very bubbly head that quickly dissipated down to a thin sheen that left marginal lacing effects on the glass. Strong aromas of warm bread, fruits, and something akin to honeysuckles. Very light bodied and well-carbonated. Sweet malty flavors with an exceedingly refreshing finish with no harsh aftertastes. This brew should be a staple at your BBQ or fish fry. Seriously good brew!

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the 'bier vorgeschmack' and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:34 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Sol
Sol
Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V. | Monterrey (Nuevo León), Mexico

Style: Adjunct Lager

ABV - 4.5%

My personal notes: This is a staple macro-brew for me whether i’m here in Texas or chillin’ down in Los Cabos! A squeeze of lemon or lime and time to drink! This brew poured up a crystal clear body with a thin foamy head that dissipated quickly and left marginal lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of corn and grains. Strong flavors of corn and hops in the light-bodied, easy-drinking brew. The finish is very dry and full of grains. Paired perfectly with grilled fish but more so with grilled oysters topped with a spicy habanero pepper salsa!! Ay Caramba, gimme a Sol!

Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:38 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Sanmigueldark
San Miguel Dark Lager
San Miguel Corporation | Manila, Philippines

Style: Euro Dark Lager

ABV - 5%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a dark, chocolaty brown body with a thick, foamy mocha-colored head with awesome retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas and flavors full of hops, caramel, malts, and smoke from those old-timey smokehouses up in the Ozark Mountains. Light- to Medium-bodied, smooth, with a very clean finish that’s not too hoppy with a touch of vanilla lingering long afterwards. Definitely a brew to pair up with smoked meats or wild game! I had it with some venison steaks and veggies!

Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:10 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Erdingerhefeweizen
Erdinger Weissbier (Hefe-Weizen)
Erdinger Weissbräu | Erding, Germany

Style: Hefeweizen

ABV - 5.6%

My personal notes: This brew poured up a murky, orange-colored body with a foamy off-white head with fairly good retention and lacing effects on the glass. Careful on the pour of these hefeweizens a yeast is present in the bottle. Pour 3/4 of the bottle and then gently swirl the bottle around a few times and then pour the rest into the glass; this helps break up the yeast components and enhance the look of the brew. Aromas of wheat, cloves, warm banana nut bread (or is it homemade banana pudding?). Medium-bodied, creamy smooth, with a nice spicy (clove-like) finish with just a bite from the hops to blend well with all that sweetness. I would consider this a table-brew much like what you would find in a table wine at a restaurant. Not a bad brew but definitely not in the line a great brews in the hefeweizen style. Pairs well with grilled fish or shrimp.

Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:37 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Ommegangabbeyale
Ommegang Abbey Ale
Brewery Ommegang | Cooperstown, New York USA

Style: Dubbel

ABV - 8.5%

My personal notes: Dubbels are just an amazing ale and this brew doesn’t fall short of greatness! This brew poured up a deep, dark copper-colored body topped off with one hearty, bubbly (tiny bubbles) head with a retention and lacing effects like nothing I have ever experienced! I was still licking up foam when the liquid was completely gone! Aromas of sweet roasted malts, caramel, toffee, honeycomb, dark fruits (grapes, figs), and cloves along with other spices. The flavors are so complex that you must truly enjoy this brew on your own to gain a true understanding of what I try to describe. Medium-bodied, smooth and a finish that is dry and spicy. Truly worthy of induction into my all-time favorites list! Paired up with a hearty roast beef dinner or perhaps a succulent Shepherd’s Pie, this ale will certainly not disappoint!

Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:45 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Mauibigswellipa
Maui Brewing Big Swell IPA
Maui Brewing Co. | Lahaina, Hawaii USA

Style: IPA

ABV - 6.2%

IBU - 50+

My personal notes: Egads that’s one hoppy brew!!! That’s one big swell of hops! Wooooooooo doggie!!! I must confess, being a malt-head I tell it like I taste it but I do work on developing a liking for hoppy brews. But if you like hops, then this brew is for you!! This brew poured up a clear orange-colored body that sported one of the most dazzling heads of foam I’ve ever poured up or seen poured! The swell in that head looked like the swells we see at Hale’iwa (North Shore on Oahu)! The retention was very good and the lacing effects were fantastic! When you open the can your sense of smell is smacked with a huge wave of grapefruit (from the hops) along with some faint hints of malts and caramel. That’s a smack filled with ‘aloha’ mind you!! Flavors are full of grapefruit with some orange mixed in here and there. Thankfully there is enough malts mixed in that kept my face from puckering entirely up from all that hops! Hey, they did warn on the bottom of the front of the can that this brew was hoppy! This is a medium-bodied brew that has a ‘slickery’ feel to it. The finish is … hoppy! I would definitely pair this brew up with a deep fried crab topped with a habanero-mango salsa!

Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:52 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Rahrpeckerwrecker
Rahr & Sons Pecker Wrecker
Rahr & Sons Brewing Company | Fort Worth, Texas USA

Style: American Double/Imperial Pilsner

ABV - 7%

This brew is just absolutely amazing! It poured up a beautiful, rich, dark amber-colored body that formed up a huge frothy head with amazing retention and lacing effects which lasted until the beer is gone! Aromas of caramel, sweet malts, citrus fruits (orange and maybe a bit of lemon), hops, and spices. There’s a nice hoppy hit up front followed by sweet malt for a mellowed, somewhat dry finish. Paired this tasty brew with smoked brats & creamed golden hominy casserole for an amazing dinner!

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 11:59 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Saintarnolddivine11
Saint Arnold Divine Reserve #11
Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Houston, Texas USA

Style: American Double/Imperial IPA

ABV - 8.9%

IBU - 76

Another fine brew from the folks at Saint Arnold Brewing! This brew poured up a deep, dark amber colored body sporting a nice frothy head with moderate retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas of citrusy hops, caramel, sweet malts, and warm biscuits. Medium-bodied and full of well-balanced flavor. Nice, subtle hoppy hit up front followed up with the sweet malts and caramel on the finish. Very refreshing indeed! A great brew for the BBQ or fish fry! Pair it up with some grilled/smoked meats or some grilled/smoked salmon.

Disclaimer: All beer tasting notes and reviews are subjective. The thoughts and opinions contained herein are those of the ‘bier vorgeschmack’ and him only. The intent of this beer review is to spur interest in brands and styles that one may not normally indulge in and to entice them to venture out and try new brews. While some may argue that there are no other beers than Miller, Coors, Bud, and Keystone, this is much akin to arguing which vanilla ice cream tastes the best. There are more brews out there; try some and enjoy the savory adventure.
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 EmptyMon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Boulevardpilsner
Boulevard Pilsner
Boulevard Brewing Co. | Kansas City, Missouri USA

Style: German-style Pilsner

ABV - 4.8%

IBU - 16

A good standard fare in this pilsner line, this brew poured up a crystal clear light amber colored body with a thin head that had minimal retention and lacing effects on the glass. Aromas are very, very faint: grains, hops, malts, and a light lemony scent. Light-bodied and very easy on the drinkability level with a crisp, clean finish that has no bitter or harsh aftertaste. Great to pair up with a poultry meal or perhaps a grilled fish/seafood dinner.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

AW's Beer Reviews
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next