CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

AW's Beer Reviews

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:12 pm

Dont wnna use that as a marinade huh ?
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:21 am

hehehehe
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 1:52 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Newbelgiumbluepaddle

Brew: New Belgium Blue Paddle

Brewed by: New Belgium Brewing Co.; Fort Collins, Colorado USA

Style: German Pilsener

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or mug.

Personal Notes: This brew pours out a clear light golden body that sports a tall foamy head that stays well with the brew for quite a while. Scents and flavors full of malts well-blended with just the right amount of hops to make for a superbly balanced brew. Light and refreshing ... definitely a great brew to be enjoyed during the hot Texas summers! A great brew to be enjoyed with poultry and fish/seafood meals!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Newbelgiumbluepaddle
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Arrogantbastardale

Brew: Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale

Brewed by: Stone Brewing Co.; Escondido, California USA

Style: American Strong Ale

Glassware: Best served in a mug, pint/becker, or a snifter.

Personal Notes: Pours a dark reddish brown body sporting a good foamy head which left thick lacing on the sides of the glass while the brew was being enjoyed. A very "citrusy" scent and flavor hit strong at first but as the brew warms, there are scents and flavors of brown sugar, roasted hazelnut (most likely from the oaking process), and loads of hops coupled with subtle undertones of roasted malts. If I were to coin a term to describe either the scent or the flavor it would be 'complex'. Definitely a great session beer!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Arrogantbastardale
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 8:34 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lagunitascensoredkronic

Brew: Lagunitas Censored (a.k.a. The Kronik)

Brewed by: Lagunitas Brewing Co; Petaluma, California USA

Style: American Amber/Red Ale

Glassware: Best served in the drain…. or perhaps a dixie cup…. or if you want to go high-society you can serve it up in a pint glass or mug.

Personal Notes:

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Barf YUCK!!!

First things first… I had some high expectations for this brew based on inputs that others had given me on it and other brews that they have tried from Lagunitas. I’ll state for the record that if the rest of their line tastes like this, I’m spending my money on some other brewer!!

… it’s been days and I still can’t get that taste out of my mouth!!! …

And now for the review…

It started off looking like a good brew! A rich warm copper body but it only sported a teeny-tiny foam ring that dissipated quickly and left very little (if any) lacing on the side of the glass. The smell though was just a turn-off and I should have stopped right there and poured it down the drain! But nooooooooo, morbid curiosity got the better of me! It tasted as though I just took a handful of rotten hops and chewed on it! (and the beer wasn’t ‘off’… bottle was sealed right and it was recently brewed/bottled… it just tasted horrible!) I figured that a few more samples would do the trick and let the real flavor come out but I was sadly disappointed. I just can’t put into words how bad this beer tasted (ANY brew would be better than this)!

Sorry folks… no pics of the brew in the serving glass… didn’t want to waste the time with all the editing required on a shoddy beer like this one!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:10 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Paulanersalvatordoublebock

Brew: Paulaner Salvator Double Bock

Brewed by: Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co; Germany

Style: Doppelbock

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or mug.

Personal Notes: Definitely a brew going into my BHOF (Beer Hall of Fame)!! This brew pours a rich dark red body that sports a thick foamy head that lends well with the brew for quite a while. Scents of strong malt, coffee (maybe a rich espresso) followed with rich malty flavors blended with hints of orange or cloves with very little presence of the taste of alcohol. It has a nice thick feel to it and is a great beer to pair up with wild game or other rich meats.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Paulanersalvatordoublebock
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:54 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Kronenbourg1664

Brew: Kronenbourg 1664

Brewed by: Brasseries Kronenbourg; Strasbourg, France

Style: European Pale Lager

Glassware: Best served in pilsner glass.

Personal Notes: This being my first French brew to sample, I didn't have any set expectations. Not a bad brew at all I must say, but nothing outstanding either. If you like Heineken then you'll easily like this brew as well. It pours a rich copper-colored body sporting a somewhat dismal bubbly head that dissipates very quickly and leaves very little lacing. Upon opening, my senses detected a very grassy, somewhat pungent, odor that frankly nearly kept me from sampling this brew. It's a bitter tasting beer; for me it was almost too bitter (but that's just me). Flavors detected consisted of the traditional grains, malts and hops; but I just could not find a happy balance between them; but the grassy flavor was very appearant and somewhat overbearing. It's very light on the pallet and a brew that can be a good session beer; especially on those hot summer days. This brew would be good with some fish or possibly some small fried baby crabs!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Kronenbourg1664
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lefthandmilkstout

Brew: Left Hand Milk Stout

Brewed by: Left Hand Brewing Co; Longmont, Colorado USA

Style: Milk/Sweet Stout

Glassware: Best served in a pint or a mug.

Personal Notes: This was my first experience in the Milk/Sweet Stout line of brews and this first introduction was quite an interesting one to say the least! The brew pours up very rich and thick with a near-black body that looked very inviting to enjoy! This would have been an awesome view had it not been for the puny head that disappeared so fast that I hardly had time to take a picture of it! Aromas of sweet chocolate and robust coffee teased my senses along with rich flavors of chocolate, strong coffee and a light hint of something smoky. It was very rich and thick but not syrupy like I had imagined it might be. Definitely a brew to be enjoyed after a good meal as it's almost like a fine dessert wine!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lefthandmilkstout
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 9:12 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Shocktopraspberrywheat

Brew: Shock Top Raspberry Wheat

Brewed by: Anheuser-Busch, Inc.; St. Louis, Missouri USA

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass, mug or a weizen glass.

Personal Notes: Now I'm not a huge fan of fruity-tootie brews but this one wasn't all that bad; not all that great but definitely not all that bad! It pours a very hazy/murky orange-ish body and sporting an 'ok' foamy head that goes away rather quickly. Loads of raspberry scents are detected right upon opening followed up with a slightly citrus-y scent. The flavor is, in my opinion, too heavy with the raspberry flavor and definitely not pure raspberry being added! There are also hints of orange (and sometimes lemon) flavors as well. The body feels creamy and very smooth with no harsh alcohol being detected. Might enjoy a couple on a hot summer day but not something I would drink a lot of or that often.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Shocktopraspberrywheat
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Hofbraumuchen-hofbraudunkel

Brew: Hofbrau Munchen Hofbrau Dunkel

Brewed by: Staatliches Hofbrauhaus (Hofbrau Munchen); Germany

Style: Munich Dunkel Lager

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass.

Personal Notes: This is a very fine dunkel! Pours a rich, dark brown body with a hearty frothy head that stays with the brew a long time. Hints of roasted malt and caramel are both smelt and tasted; followed up with a light, crisp hit of bitter hops that's just right! An excellent pairing with meats and wild game!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Hofbraumunchenhofbraudunkel
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Samadamscreamstout

Brew: Samuel Adams Cream Stout

Brewed by: Boston Brewing Co; Boston, Massachusetts USA

Style: Milk/Sweet Stout

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass or mug.

Personal Notes: Pours up a rich black body with a nice frothy head that leaves good lacing on the glass while you drink. Warms scents of robust coffee, toffee, caramel and roasted malts. Rich tastes of the roasted malts and coffee/caramel. The body is velvety smooth with light carbonation. Tastes best when it's not so cold. A very nice cream stout indeed! Would serve as a great dessert brew!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Samueladamscreamstout
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Schneideraventinus1

Brew: Schneider Aventinus

Brewed by: Private Weissbierbrauerei G. Schneider & Sohn GmbH; Kelheim, Germany

Style: lager - weizen bock

Glassware: Best served in a flute or weizen glass.

Personal Notes: OOOOOH MY!! Yet another excellent brew to be added to my own personal 'hall of fame'!!!! This brew pours up a rich dark mahogany body and sports an enormously thick, foamy head. Scents and flavors of chocolate, clove, caramel and so many others you'll delight in each savoring trying to determine what wonderful scent or flavor you are being enticed by!! The body is heavy yet smooth and very creamy and oh so refreshing. Although most say that this brew is to be enjoyed during the wintry months, this brew is (in my opinion) made to be enjoyed all throughout the year! An excellent brew to have with grilled meats and wild game!!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Schneideraventinus2
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:46 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Murphysredale

Brew: Murphy's Red Ale

Brewed by: Murphy Brewery; Cork, Ireland

Style: ale - scottish ale

Glassware: Best served in a pint or mug.

Personal Notes: A very nice session brew! This brew pours up a rich red body with a sporty thick foamy head. Scents and flavors of sweet malts and caramel tantalize the senses. The flavors are very rich and complemented with a very clean finish and no harsh lingering aftertaste; lightly carbonated and very, very smooth.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Murphysredale
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Wailuawheatale

Brew: Kona Wailua Wheat Ale

Brewed by: Kona Brewing Co.; Kona, Hawaii USA

Style: wheat ale - american wheat

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass, mug, or in a weizen glass.

Personal Notes: This was my first Hawaiian brew and overall it was 'ok'. The brew pours up a very clear, almost peach-like body but not a thick head like I was anticipating (and it dissipates very quickly!). Scents and flavors of sweet malts and various citrus fruits and a light tinge of hops make for a fairly balanced brew. The passion fruit was very dominant which for me made it almost 'too fruity' to enjoy; but others may be looking for something along those lines. It would be a good session brew on a hot summers day.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Konawailuawheat
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:17 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Pilsener100

Brew: Pilsener 100 (Pilsener Centenario)

Brewed by: Cerveceria La Constancia (SABMiller); San Salvador, El Salvador

Style: South American Light Lager

Glassware: Best served in a pilsener glass.

Personal Notes: This is my first brew to try from El Salvador and it was a good beer despite reviews I’ve heard and read! It pours a rich, clear golden body with a light foamy head which dissipates somewhat quickly. Scents of grains and lemons are easily detected. Flavors detected include spicy hops, grains and lemons. The body is light and crisp with a little bit of carbonation. This brew is so light I can only assume that this is what light beers would taste like. Very light and goes down like water makes this brew a good session beer during those hot summer days.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Pilsenercentenario
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 2:19 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Zeppelin

Brew: Leibinger Zeppelin Bier

Brewed by: Brauerei Max Leibinger GmbH; Ravensburg, Germany

Style: German Keller Bier/Zwickel Bier

Glassware: Best served in a mug.

Personal Notes: A fairly good session brew – it pours up a cloudy murky brown body sporting a nice foamy head that dissipates rather quickly and leaves very little lacing on the sides of the mug. Scents and flavors of the standards: hops, malts and some fruits of some sort. Nothing over the top but is a good brew to have during a few sessions.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Zeppelinbier
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:36 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Magichatwacko

Brew: Magic Hat Wacko

Brewed by: Magic Hat Brewing Co; Burlington, Vermont USA

Style: Hybrid (Fruit Beer)

Glassware: Best served in the trash (seriously).

Personal Notes: I'm not even gonna waste anyone's time on this one. It sucks big time! This is NOT beer. Seriously, 'wacko' is the perfect term for this brew. I'd much rather eat the bottle than to take another sip of this atrocity!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Magichatwacko
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 3:38 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lagunitasthehairyeyeball

Brew: Lagunitas The Hairy Eyeball Ale

Brewed by: Lagunitas Brewing Co.; Petaluma, California USA

Style: American Strong Ale

Glassware: Best served in a mug, pint/shaker, or a snifter.

Personal Notes: Ok, this is my second review on a Lagunitas brew and it will most likely be my last. Is their water coming from Death Valley??!! Oh my gosh this brew was horrid; not even worthy of being used in my yard tonic for fear of killing off all vegetation! It pours up a pleasingly rich dark mahogany colored body with a somewhat nice foamy head. The aromas were very pleasing; filled with toasted malts, sugars, and hints of cherry. The taste (oh my) was definitely NOT to my liking. I don't know what it is but none of their brews possess a well-balanced taste in my opinion. Like a dry, dry wine it was very chalky and it was just something that I could not get around. It was almost like gnawing on a rotted piece of burlap; yeah, it was that bad. So I've tried a few of their brews but don't look for any further reviews on their products (unless someone has just begged and pleaded to buy me one, cause I'm not spending any more of my money on them!).

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Lagunitashairyeyeball
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:49 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Bohemiaclasica

Brew: Bohemia Clasica

Brewed by: Cerveceria Cuauhtemoc Moctezuma, S.A. de C.V.; Monterrey (Nuevo Leon), Mexico

Style: Mexican Light Lager

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or a pint/shaker.

Personal Notes: An average brew to say the least. It pours up a pale golden body with a somewhat fizzy head. Marginal scents and flavors of corn and grains. The body is very light and carbonated somewhat heavily. Of the light beer family, there are many others that would be more fulfilling than this brew.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Bohemiaclasica
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:23 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Konigpilsener

Brew: Konig Pilsener

Brewed by: König-Brauerei GmbH; Duisburg, Germany

Style: German Pilsener

Glassware: Best served in a mug or pilsener glass.

Personal Notes: A very good German pilsener! Taken from BeerAdvocate.com: (from the bottle) “Das Konig der Biere (the King of Beer); Purum Laudatur (Purest [Highest] Praise); Gebraut nach dem Reinheitzgebot von 1516 (Brewed According to the Reinheitsgebot [Purity Law] of 1516)”. This brews pours up a clear yellow/amber colored body with a nice frothy head (not a thick one but nice enough!). Wonderful scents and flavors of hops and robust malts. The body is very light with just the right amount of carbonation. A nice German pils indeed! A great compliment to a spicy fish/seafood meal!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Konigpilsener
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:37 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Saintarnoldsummerpils

Brew: Saint Arnold Summer Pils

Brewed by: Saint Arnold Brewing Co.; Houston, Texas USA

Style: American Pilsner

Glassware: Best served in a mug or pilsner glass.

Personal Notes: This was a fairly good pilsner. Pours up a very clear, light yellow/amber body with a minimal fizzy head. Scents and flavors of malts and hops entice the senses. Just the right bitter kick on this smooth and easy drinking brew. Goes good with a grilled chicken or spicy fish meal! Makes for a good session brew on a hot summer day.

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Saintarnoldsummerpils
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:55 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Shinerrubyredbird

Brew: Shiner Ruby Redbird

Brewed by: Spoetzl Brewery; Shiner, Texas USA

Style: Hybrid (Fruit beer)

Glassware: Best served in a mug or pint/shaker.

Personal Notes: AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Barf oh yuck!! I should have stopped when I read that this brew was blended with grapefruit and ginger!!! There’s just something about fruit-infused beers that are just not up to my liking! But if you’re into these sorts of hybrids then by all means read on! It pours up a rich amber body with very little head and that’s gone about as soon as you stop pouring the bottle out! The smell of ginger and grapefruit were just too much for me and frankly it is very overpowering. The taste has a bite to it that almost had me spitting it out (but I held back because I didn’t want to have to clean up the mess!). All I tasted was bad ginger and bad grapefruit and it’s very very bitter. Shiner totes that this is the “perfect summer beer”. Well they (and others) can have it that way as I have far better summer beer preferences! If you’re looking for the strange and unusual in the craft brew world, this one’s for you (but not me)!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Shinerredrubyredbird
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:12 pm

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Averyczar2009

Brew: Avery – The Czar

Brewed by: Avery Brewing Co; Boulder, Colorado USA

Style: American Imperial Stout

Glassware: Best served in a snifter or a pint/shaker.

Personal Notes: Oh yeah… another one to add to the AW Beer Hall of Fame!!! This brew pours up a rich black body sporting a rich tan creamy head that stays with the brew for quite some time leaving some nice lacing on the glass while the brew is being enjoyed. One’s sense of smell is flooded with chocolate, roasted hazelnuts and something along the lines of warm snicker-doodle or warm gingerbread cookies. The flavor of this beer is very complex and yet very, very enjoyable. I can’t even find the right words to adequately describe the flavors noted in this brews; but they are all well-balanced and very much to be savored slowly! The body is just how I like a good stout to be; thick, rich and almost chewy! This brew is definitely one to be enjoyed as a dessert (even though I devoured mine along with some rich, spicy hot wings!!!).

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Averyczar2009
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 7:45 pm

That looks Stout , thanks for the reviews AW AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 462715
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 25, 2011 10:53 am

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Samuelsmithsoatmealstout

Brew: Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout

Brewed by: Samuel Smith Old Brewery (Tadcaster) | Tadcaster, United Kingdom (England)

Style: English Oatmeal Stout

Glassware: Best served in a mug or pint/shaker.

Personal Notes: Well, here’s another addition to the AW BHoF!!! This hearty brew pours up a rich, dark (near black) body sporting an exceptional tan frothy head which provides for some excellent lacing as this brew was savored. The sense of smell is flooded with rich oats, robust/strong coffees, malts, caramel, and molasses. The taste is absolutely out of this world! Smooth, rich, creamy; these terms pale in comparison of the uniqueness of this fine brew! There’s just enough bite from the hops that keep this from being on overly sweet brew. What I enjoyed most were the teasings of toffee and chocolate aftertastes. Definitely a brew I would enjoy with smoked meats or a wild game dinner!

AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Samuelsmithsoatmealstout
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

AW's Beer Reviews
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next