CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
Late October report for the Happy Day Today Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

Late October report for the Happy Day Today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
topshotfishing

Late October report for the Happy Day Today Empty
PostSubject: Late October report for the Happy Day Today   Late October report for the Happy Day Today EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 1:42 am

Winds out of the west, northwest at 3-5 mph, putting us at a moderate chop; blue skies, 30% chance of rain in early evening; with the sun reflecting its golden rays on the water as we cleared the jetties to go out 1.8 miles to the drop putting us at 120 ft. at the sea buoy.

Dave Huyn and business associates from Ohio were down to do some deep sea sport fishing off of Fort Lauderdale FL.

With very little current, I headed towards one of our artificial wrecks off of Fort Lauderdale FL, a 97 ft. tug boat that was sunk in 1984. On our last deep sea sport fishing charter, we caught some King Fish in this area, so I decided to go back. I circled around the wreck with two plainers running deep and five surface baits. Our first strike was a 10 lb. King Fish from the long rigger, with a swimming Ballyhoo as bait. We kept fishing in this area catching a few more King Fish and Barracudas. From there, Dave asked if there were any Tunas around, so we headed towards the south off of Fort Lauderdale FL for a wreck that sits in 265 ft. of water in pursuit of Tunas. Getting close to the area, one of our plainer rods with a 3 ½ blue reflector drone spoon bent over and one of our anglers reeled in an 8 lb. Black Fin Tuna, which makes for an excellent Sushi. With two more Black Fin Tunas and a Barracuda added to our fish box, Dave made a request for some Mahi Mahi, so off we went to the east off of Fort Lauderdale in search of floating debris, sargassum weeds or a water color change. In 700 ft. of water, off of Fort Lauderdale I found a floating tree branch. I circled the debris, and I could see some bait fish underneath. On my second swing around the debris, a Mahi Mahi attacked our rigger bait. He exited the water and his green and yellow vibrant colors glittered in the sunlight; Tim reeled in a nice cow Mahi Mahi weighing 18 lbs. Nine out of ten times, when you find a cow, the bull is close by. As I circled the branch again, the bull Mahi Mahi ate the short rigger bait and Dave reeled in a bull Mahi Mahi weighing 23 lbs.

I mentioned to Dave that he was a lucky guy because whatever he asked to catch, he caught so I suggested that he play the lottery today.

With a good catch of eating fish on board, it was time to start heading back from our deep sea sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale FL to the dock at Bahia Mar. For a successful and adventurous Fort Lauderdale FL deep sea fishing charter on the Happy Day Today, Topshot Fishing, contact Captain Tom Zsak. - 954-439-8106 – www.topshotfishing.com

Back to top Go down
whem2fish

Late October report for the Happy Day Today Empty
PostSubject: Re: Late October report for the Happy Day Today   Late October report for the Happy Day Today EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 7:08 pm

great to hear
Back to top Go down

Late October report for the Happy Day Today
Page 1 of 1