CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
topshotfishing

Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today Empty
PostSubject: Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today   Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:47 am

Fishing Fort Lauderdale on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

Pierre Charky and retired buddies from Canada decided to do some deep sea sport fishing Fort Lauderdale aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team. As we left the dock on our fifteen minute journey to the fishing grounds, the six retirees were sharing their fishing stories. 1.8 miles from shore is our drop off, which is located at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale. A quarter of a mile further off shore would put you in 500 ft. of water due to the extreme drop off. Pierre’s plan was to take their catch home for grilling tonight to feed 15 people.

We started off trolling with two plainers down, one with a double hook Mullet strip with a black and purple sea witch in front, the other with a double hook Mullet strip with a pink and blue sea witch in front. For surface baits we had four Ballyhoos and one jap feather with a Bonito strip. As we were fishing across the reefs off of Fort Lauderdale from 80 out to 100 ft. of water, we caught Bonitos and Kingfish. A few Wahoos were being caught in the last few days so I changed the bait on one of the plainer rods and put a 3 ½ blue reflector spoon and increased the speed of the boat looking for a Wahoo. I headed to one of the artificial wrecks that sit in 250 feet of water north of Fort Lauderdale. On our third pass, the plainer rod with the blue reflector spoon bent over, rod tip bouncing up and down and the line exiting the reel at a fast rate – a good indication that it could be a Wahoo. Ten minutes later at the side of the boat was the blue and silver striped Wahoo, the fastest fish in the ocean clocked at 64 mph. Jackson, our mate, put the 15 lb Wahoo in the fish box.

From there I stopped on top of the same wreck and put a live Goggle Eye down on the bottom looking for a Grouper to add to our eating fish catch. As the rod bent over, Pierre jumped into the fighting chair. A tug of water began between the fish on the end of the line and Pierre. Pierre thought he was hooked on the bottom but I knew it was a fish since I had moved off the wreck. As he brought the fish to the boat, I could see the red reflection in the water and knew we had a Genuine Red Snapper. Jackson gaffed the rosy red 18 lb. Snapper and put him in the boat, while smiles were on all the angler’s faces.

It was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellshouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.

Back to top Go down

Wahoo Sna[pper Fishing Fort Lauderdale Happy Day Today
Page 1 of 1