CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
fishing ft lauderdale  Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

fishing ft lauderdale

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ladypamela2

fishing ft lauderdale  Empty
PostSubject: fishing ft lauderdale    fishing ft lauderdale  EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:01 pm

November 24, 2011 - Thanksgiving

Today, Ann and her son, visiting from North Carolina, decided to spend Thanksgiving morning fishing aboard the Lady Pamela. I recommended to Ann that we pick up some live goggleyes, telling her that they would greatly increase our chances of landing a sailfish. Despite the added cost, Ann said to do whatever is necessary to make her son happy. So, we picked up the live baits, and then ran about 5 miles north of Port Everglades inlet to set up. The weather was great. Seas were flat calm, but there was enough wind to keep the kites up, and there was a hard south current and plenty of blue water. I couldn’t wait to get the baits in the water. Surprisingly, it took 1 hour 45 minutes before we had the first bite, but it was a sailfish and we fought it for a good 35 minutes into 30 feet of water. We got the leader a few times before fraying the sailfish off.

I ran the boat back into deeper water, as this time the edge had moved out a little deeper, into 140 feet. My mate Darin and I got baits back out as soon as we could, and started the waiting game, again. After a while, Ann came on the bridge and said we could go in any time, as we had caught one sailfish, and that was good enough. We still had 1 ½ hours left and I wanted her son to catch some more fish, so I asked her to give it a little while longer. It sure paid off, as 50 minutes before the end of the charter I yelled right long, there he is! Darin ran down from the bridge, grabbed the rod and fed the sailfish, he hooked it up and it jumped all over the ocean! A more acrobatic fish I’ve never seen! I needed a Go Pro Camera! We were the only charter boat to not only catch one sailfish but two sailfish today. We just started using a lighter weight Sufix™ fluorocarbon leader than anybody else is using, and I do believe it makes a difference.

Tight Lines,

Captain David Ide

954 761 8045

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

fishing ft lauderdale
Page 1 of 1