CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
topshotfishing

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today Empty
PostSubject: Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today   Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today EmptyWed Dec 26, 2012 11:02 am

Fort Lauderdale Fishing on Happy Day Today with Capt. Zsak

With Christmas close by, Old Saint Nick will be giving out fish in Fort Lauderdale, FL aboard the Happy Day Today to those who have been a little naughty but nice.

Dave Pincus and brother, Larry, returned for the third time to the scene of the crime. In the past three years, the two bothers have incorporated a fishing day with a business trip to do some deep sea sport fishing aboard the Happy Day Today along with the Topshotfishing team in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Although extreme damage was done to their homes and boats in New York by the Perfect Storm Sandy, they found time for their annual fishing excursion with me. Dave showed me pictures of White Marlins and a Mako Shark in the 200 lb. class which he caught while trolling with a monofilament leader this summer off of Long Island. In the past, Larry and Dave each have caught Sailfish with me, along with other fish.

Within 15 minutes after leaving the dock, fishing lines were in 120 ft. of water at the sea buoy in Fort Lauderdale, FL. With Wahoo being our target, I chose to go with a 3 ½ drone blue reflector spoon on one plainer, and on the other plainer, a double hook Mullet strip with a black and pink sea witch in front. For surface baits, we had three Ballyhoos, one with ¼ ounce jap feather in front. We trolled from one artificial wreck to another ranging in depth of water from 200 ft. out to 475 ft., but had no luck. I could see a couple of birds working an area, so I headed towards the birds. We started catching Tunas, as both brothers took turns one after the other bringing in a total of 10 Tunas. At this point, I suggested flying the kite with live Goggle Eyes as bait and trying our luck in catching a Sailfish.

Five minutes after the two kites were flying, Sailfish on the left long!!! Dave decided to be the angler and chose to fight the fish standing up with a belly gimble. I observed Dave’s technique while fighting the fish using his thumb to apply the drag to the spool of the line and rod tip pointing down towards the water, as the Sailfish put on a fantastic show, exposing his neon colors glimmering in the afternoon sunlight. This brought back memories of me fishing with Marsha Bierman, a professional angler, and husband, Lenny, as we traveled around the world, using the same technique – what a pleasure it was to see this technique used again. Dave reeled the Sailfish to the boat, and Jackson, our mate, brought the Sailfish into the boat to take pictures and afterwards was released to fight again.

With Dave and Larry on their third deep sea fishing charter with us and with three Sailfish to their credit, it was time to head back to the dock at Bahia Mar 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. For an enjoyable and adventurous deep sea fishing Fort Lauderdale FL aboard the Happy Day Today with the Topshotfishing team for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Fort Lauderdale Fishing Happy Day Today
Page 1 of 1