CASTorBLAST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Rules  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Follow CASTorBLAST.com

Similar topics
Young Co Buck
AW's Beer Reviews Lesbuck
Sponsors

Our Friends

AW's Beer Reviews

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:28 pm

Since we know that beer goes good with so many types of foods (and by itself too!!!), I thought I'd start up a thread containing reviews of the beers that I've been sampling.

Enjoy! And chime in with your opinions and recommendations!!!
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Moose Drool Brown Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:32 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Bigskymoosedrool

Brew: Moose Drool Brown Ale

Brewed by: Big Sky Brewing Company; Missoula, Montana USA

Style: American brown ale

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass or mug.

Personal Notes: This one’s fast becoming one of my favorite go-to brown ales!! Sporting a thin creamy head (1 to 1.5 finger in thickness) and a deep brown mahogany color body. Hints of coffee and chocolate scented with notes of honey and warm butter! This is one fine smooth drinking beer. It’s fine by itself but a fine steak or fall-off-the-bone rack of ribs really compliments this brew very well!

AW's Beer Reviews Bigskymoosedrool2

Last edited by AWMiller on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Tommyknockers Butthead Dopplebock   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:33 pm

Brew: Tommyknocker Butthead Doppelbock

Brewed by: Tommyknocker Brewery; Idaho Springs, Colorado USA

Style: doppelbock

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass or mug.

Personal Notes: Tommyknocker’s Butthead Doppelbock is a very outstanding brew in my humble opinion. Rich and VERY smooth and delightfully malty and not overfilled with all that taste of hops! When poured, your eyes will delight in the dark mahogany color with a hefty tan to light brown head that will cling to your mug leaving those wonderful ring-lines all the way down the glass. Your sense of smell will swoon filled with malts, various fruit, warm bread, and the like. Once that syrupy thick brew hits your tongue you will taste a meld of flavors but overall I compare it to warm bread fresh out of the oven! There is a slight bite of alcohol but it’s nothing at all in the way of conflicting with the fine taste of this brew. Definitely one of the best American doppelbocks I’ve ever tasted!

AW's Beer Reviews Butthead

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
whem2fish

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 pm

where did you get it ill try one i love anything dark
dave
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 pm

There's a store in Mansfield called Kegs & Corks (or is it Corks & Kegs)... either way... they have a deal in there where you can mix up a six-pack anyway you like and I grabbed a few of those buttheads to try. That's the only store where I've been able to find them locally.

Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 7:28 pm

I don't always drink beer , but when I do it's Butthead AW's Beer Reviews 462715
Back to top Go down
whem2fish

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:09 pm

thanks if im right i drive by there on matlock near debbie. i work by traders villiage
but live in alvarado
dave
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 5:37 pm

yeah... head west on I-20 and take the matlock exit... then head south on matlock... go past debbie towards country club drive... it'll be on your left at the matlock/country club drive intersection.

actual address is: 2240 Matlock Road, Mansfield, TX 76063

Great folks that work there and give out some sound advice if you're wanting to try anything specific!

Back to top Go down
whem2fish

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 1:26 pm

thanks i get paid tomorrow
dave
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Shiner Old-Time Alt   AW's Beer Reviews EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:38 pm

Brew: Shiner Old-Time Alt

Brewed by: Spoetzel Brewery; Shiner, Texas USA

Style: altbier

Glassware: Best served in a stange.

Personal Notes: This beer was rather enjoyable. I had read previous reviews of it on BeerAdvocate.com where other reviewers had not given it such a good rating. But being the skeptic that I am, I just had to try it out for myself… and I’m rather glad I did! When poured this beer sports a rich amber color with hints of orange. It didn’t bolster up a large head, maybe an inch or so but the head stayed with the beer and provided for some nice lacing on the side of the glass. One thing I really enjoyed was the beer’s toasted-malt aroma; but at times hints of caramel were also noticed. The flavor of the beer is largely the toasted-malt flavor but again, tastes of caramel were detected. There’s a nice lingering flavor and the beer is a very drinkable beer. Would I stock up on it? Probably not; but it’s not a bad one to have a few on hand!

AW's Beer Reviews Shiner-old-time

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 6:18 pm

Looks Good
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Session Black Lager   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Brew: Session Premium Black Lager

Brewed by: Full Sail Brewing Co.; Hood River, Oregon, USA

Style: schwarzbier

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass (and I don’t mind it in a goblet cause that’s how I roll!)

Personal Notes: Well the black lager kick continues on!! This Session black lager is such a delight! It’s dark, but not black like a Guinness (which I still haven’t acquired the taste for…). Forms a small mocha-colored head when poured; which tapers off a bit too soon for my likes. The aroma of coffee and cooking chocolates fill the nose; neither of which are too heavy as one is drinking the beer. This is a very mellow beer with just the right amount of ‘heaviness’ and can be enjoyed easily throughout the day. Not too sweet and not too ‘hoppy’… just the way I prefer a good black lager. Definitely one being added to my black lager preferential list!!

AW's Beer Reviews Session-black-lager

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Leffe Blonde   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:20 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Leffe-blonde

Brew: Leffe Blonde

Brewed by: Abbaye de Leffe S.A.; Belgium

Style: Belgian pale ale

Glassware: Best served in a snifter, tulip glass or over-sized wine glass.

Personal Notes:

Let me introduce you to my most favorite Belgian Pale Ale… Leffe Blonde. Pale amber in color, this ale pumps out a full-bodied, flavor-rich beer. First you’ll notice the soothing amber color in which light dances on the surface and deep within the glass. Take a moment to enjoy the substantial head that forms when the beer is poured just right. As you enjoy this fine ale, take note of the foam rings that line your glass. Drinking doesn’t just involve taste… take time to enjoy the look and display that your beer provides!

Then take in your first drink… no other ale fills my mouth like this hearty Belgian Ale! I notice different flavors each time I enjoy this ale but for the most part it imparts a slightly sweet yet slightly spicy flavor that is as soft as warm caramel on the tongue. There are also subtle hints of vanilla and maybe even some toffee. At times I’ve tasted (or did I imagine it?!) slight tastes of banana but definitely some sweet spices! As for the aroma of the ale… well… it really smells like banana nut bread!

Keep in mind that Belgian ales are thought to be amongst the best in the world. They are very complex but very, very rewarding to the ale connoisseur! So grab ya some Leffe… get it as cold as you can, pour you a glass and enjoy this awesome ale!

AW's Beer Reviews Leffeblonde

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:28 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Belhaven Scottish Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:21 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Belhavenscottishale

Brew: Belhaven Scottish Ale

Brewed by: Belhaven Brewery Company Ltd.; East Lothian, Scotland

Style: Scottish ale

Personal Notes:

From Scotland’s oldest brewery (since 1719) that is still in operation today, this is one heck of an enjoyable ale!! This ale sports a deep, dark walnut color and a somewhat thick (slightly heavy) rich malty, nutty flavor. Depending on how you pour it, the head can froth up from 1 finger to 3 fingers and stick with you through the entire drink! The warm fermentation process yields very subtle fruity flavors that are in no way overbearing but rather just a slight aftertaste that coincides with its very smooth and creamy finish. Enjoy some today!!

AW's Beer Reviews Belhavenscottishale-1

Last edited by AWMiller on Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Pete's Wicked Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:22 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Peteswickedale

Brew: Pete’s Wicked Ale

Brewed by: Pete’s Brewing Company; San Antonio, Texas USA

Style: English brown ale

Personal Notes:

It took a while to get into the brown ale but it finally ‘grew’ on me and this is a nice beer to have on those fall days beside a roaring fire. It’s reddish, copper color sports an off-white foamy head which settles down much more quickly than I would like. It has a nice caramel aroma with a creamy, smooth body with a faint grainy finish. I enjoyed it for a couple of beers but anything more than that and the flavor really begins to decline. Darn good with a hearty hamburger though!

Last edited by AWMiller on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Jack's Pumpkin Spice Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:23 pm

Brew: Jack’s Pumpkin Spice Ale

Brewed by: Anheuser-Busch, Inc.; St. Louis, Missouri USA

Style: pumpkin ale

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass.

Personal Notes:

For something coming from Anheuser-Busch, this is not that bad of a beer. When poured, there’s a slight foamy head atop a copper-colored body … here’s where I was hoping for a more hearty head of foam on this pumpkin ale. The beer is full of spice and nutmeg with just a tad hint of pumpkin; and adorned with hints of aroma like pumpkin bread (or is some cases like a warm pumpkin pie right out of the oven). It’s a very easy beer to drink and one to be enjoyed during the Fall.

AW's Beer Reviews Jacks-pumpkin-ale

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Abbey Belgian Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 pm

Brew: Abbey Belgian Style Ale

Brewed by: New Belgium Brewing Company; Fort Collins, Colorado USA

Style: Dubbel

Glassware: Best served in a goblet. (yeah I know the glass in the pic is a weizen glass! but that's how I was rolling that day!)

Personal Notes: It is hard to tell what I like most about this beer. Is it the sweet aroma? Is it the smooth full-bodied taste? Whatever the case may be, this is one to have stocked up in your cellar!! When poured, the beer boasts a sultry, dark mahogony brown and sports a thick frothy head that stays with the beer for quite a while. The flavor is a meld of chocolate, smoky hops, hints of banana and possibly cinnamon. Definitely one to be enjoyed all throughout the year!

AW's Beer Reviews Abbey-belgianale

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Leinenkugel's 1888 Bock   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Leinenkugels1888bock
Leinenkugel’s 1888 Bock
Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company | Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA
Purchased @ Olivers Fine Foods (Mansfield, Texas USA)

Style: Lager – Bock

My personal notes: Of the line of Leinenkugel beers, this one is my favorite! When poured I would compare it to looking like a fine cherry Dr. Pepper (without all that carbonation!!). The head is very robust and tan-colored with some nice lacing as you enjoy the beer. The flavor is just a nice smooth roasted flavor; nothing overbearing nor standout-ish. For a beer that’s not too complex I find this one very satisfying; one to be enjoyed over and over! An excellent pairing with a wild game dinner!

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Gordon Biersch Marzen   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:26 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Gordonbierschmarzen

Brew: Gordon Biersch Märzen

Brewed by: Gordon Biersch Brewing Company; San Jose, California USA

Style: märzen/oktoberfest

Personal Notes:

When it comes to lagers, I find my self reaching for Gordon Biersch’s Marzen more and more these days! It’s deep, dark amber body and frothy white head (which holds well and leaves tiny rings of lace around the glass) are a delight to behold. The body of the beer is creamy and very smooth across the palate. The flavors are very robust and lightly sweet with a smooth finish that beckons you to sample more of its hearty flavors. Truly one to have in stock and enjoyed with the best of friends!

AW's Beer Reviews Gordonbierschmarzen-1

Last edited by AWMiller on Mon May 09, 2011 10:03 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Shiner Bohemian Black Ale   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:27 pm

Brew: Shiner Bohemian Black Ale

Brewed by: Spoetzl Brewery; Shiner, Texas USA

Style: schwarzbier

Glassware: Best served in a pilsner glass (or a goblet cause that’s how I like to roll!)

Personal Notes:

What an awesome black lager! The more I try of this style, the more I’m starting to really love a hearty black lager. When poured, it looks like “Texas Tea” with an incredible foamy head that lingers for the entire serving leaving pleasing lace rings on the glass. What captured my senses was its deep, dark malt smell. It has an enjoyable flavor; having a nice crisp ‘hoppy’ bite but none of that bitterness normally associated with the black malt. Don’t expect a porter or stout when having this beer! Otherwise you’d think it was thinned out a tad. But this is definitely one black lager to have on-hand and enjoy!

AW's Beer Reviews Shinerblacklager

Last edited by AWMiller on Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Lienenkugel's Summer Shandy   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 12:29 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Leinenkugelsummershandy1

Brew: Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy

Brewed by: Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company; Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin USA

Style: American Fruit/Lambic

Glassware: Best served in a pint glass or mug

Personal Notes:

Whoa! When they say lemony flavor… they mean lemony flavor!! I’m not a big fan of ‘fruity’ beers but this one was somewhat enjoyable. It’s a good summer beer but only in small quantities because of the lemony taste which somewhat overpowers the flavor of the beer. Would definitely be a good ‘cooking’ beer as the beer and lemon flavors would greatly compliment fish/seafood dishes!

AW's Beer Reviews Leinenkugelsummershandy

Last edited by AWMiller on Wed May 11, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 pm

Like to try that one
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks , that would be good out by the pool !
Back to top Go down
AWMiller

AWMiller

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Beer Review: Spaten Oktoberfest Ur-Marzen   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 pm

AW's Beer Reviews Spaten-oktoberfest

Brew: Spaten Oktoberfest Ur-Märzen

Brewed by: Spaten-Franziskaner-Bräu; Munich, Germany

Style: märzen/oktoberfest

Personal Notes:

Of the Oktoberfest beers that I’ve sampled thus far, this Spaten is definitely right at the top of my favorites list!!! When I make it over to Germany, Munich and this brewery are definitely on my list of attractions to visit!!! When poured this beer sports a hearty head that stays well with the beer all the way through. Its deep ‘caramely’ brown body (much like a hearty cream soda from those old-fashioned soda fountains!) and caramel scent were just almost too much to bear while taking pics of the brew! There’s a very well-balanced combination of caramel, hops and malt with this fine brew that sits well and proves to be a very easy drinkable beer. An awesome beer to pair up with some delicious brats hot off the grill!!!

AW's Beer Reviews Spaten-oktoberfest-000

Last edited by AWMiller on Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dan Gleason
Admin
Dan Gleason

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Ohhh my , thats looks good AW !

AW's Beer Reviews 568194
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AW's Beer Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: AW's Beer Reviews   AW's Beer Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

AW's Beer Reviews
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next